Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just for the record

I know my writing may come off as rough, hostile, with a dash of pessimism. I'd just like to add that I am neither jaded nor bitter- I'm just upfront and honest. I've had the misfortune of dating a lot of the wrong guys (for me, anyway) and I figure if I share my lessons learned, I might spare someone the heartache. I've been burnt one too many times not to carry a fire extinguisher, is all I'm sayin'

With that said, I do have to wonder...When will I finally lose the extinguisher and move on with my life? I'd love to let go of my mistakes some day, so I can find someone new. Someone who doesn't scare me away (or rather, doesn't allow me to scare myself out of the budding relationship). 

Perfect Example? I'm currently "talking to" someone my friends and I refer to as 5-star. He's everything a guy should be, for me anyway. And he's into me. In theory, this seems so simple. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, they hang out, sparks fly, and the rest is history. So far it's been something a little more like this: 
Boy likes girl, girl says "thank you" and basically whispers "I like you too." 
Boy tells girl that she's beautiful...repeatedly, girl says "Stop."
Boy asks "Why don't you have a boyfriend or 10..." Girls says "Why, so I can have 10 more problems?!"
Boy tells girl he'd like to see her again soon, girl says "Ok, let me know when.", 
Boy seems to be getting fed up with lack of response, girl is telling herself "Don't F*ck this one up!!!" 
Girl can't bring herself to make a move. Girl feels pathetic & powerless, thus girl IS pathetic & powerless- something she hasn't encountered in a long time.

Ladies, do me a favor. Take my advice on which guys not to date...Don't take my advice on trying to land the one you want, smoothly. I'm still working out the kinks in that one. Any suggestions?!

It's sick how I always manage to land myself in the same pattern, as hard as I try not to. Thanks "He's Just Not that Into You" for ruining my love life. If there was ever a book I wish I hadn't read, that would be it. Though I have to admit, the movie was cute. I just don't believe that courting can be so one-sided in 2009. One on my to read list though is "Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach For the Love You Deserve."

xoxo
Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment